The Warren Electrical Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee takes affirmative action to provide equal opportunity for apprenticeship candidates. The recruitment, selection, employment and training of apprentices are done without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex or disabilities.
Notice of nondiscriminatory policy as to students
The Warren Electrical Joint Apprenticeship and Training Trust admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all of the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other school administered programs.
To qualify for an interview, an applicant must score a “4” or higher on the electrical trade’s aptitude test. Warren JATC will contact qualified applicants by mail with interview date and time. All qualified candidates’ results are statistically recorded and ranked. All qualified applicants will remain on the ranking list and in the pool of eligible applicants for two years after the date of their interview. Any applicant who declines a selection offer will be removed from the ranking list.
Applicants for the Warren JATC apprenticeship program must meet specific criteria to qualify. They must:
- Be at least 18 years of age (Or 17 to apply)
- Be a high school graduate or have a GED; or, in lieu of either of those, have at least a two-year associate’s degree
- Provide a high school diploma and official transcript for high school and post secondary education and training or an official copy of a GED certificate and transcripts, if applicable
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Veterans must provide DD-214
- Meet minimum requirements by taking an aptitude test
If selected to participate in the apprenticeship program, applicants must pass a medical physical and drug test given by a physician selected by Warren JATC. An applicant cannot start working without this medical release.